A Cloud-Based Solution that allows students, working from home, to work on 3D Modeling – on any device.
3D Experience from Dassault Systemes, the parent company of SOLIDWORKS, is a management system that is organized using Apps. During the current move towards increased online instruction two tools of particular interest to CAD users are among the many included, XDesign and XShape.
- XDesign is a 100% cloud based CAD product that operates and looks very close to SOLIDWORKS. If you are familiar with SOLIDWORKS you will easily transition to using XDesign.
- XShape is a 100% cloud based CAD product that provides dynamic shape transformation through stretching or pulling in addition to some typical tools.
- Both XDesign and XShape integrate directly with desktop installations of SOLIDWORKS, and can be edited in either or both environments.
- Apps are accessed through a Web-browser, on ANY tool that accesses the Internet. (Chromebooks, Mac, Ipad, Laptops, Etc.)
- Includes management tools to form groups to which tasks can be delivered and assessed. This can be whole classes, courses, or small groups of students.
- Access to Apps can be widespread or limited as the instructor decides.